Friday, March 20, 2009

Seedlings







All I ever need to know is the next step...well, sometimes maybe 3-4 steps ahead. I wasn't very happy with setting the first shapes so large, but the interest in the colour relationships took over. I knew suggesting the tender littleness of the seedlings would be a nice surprise kept for the very end. The pleasure in finding surprising but suitable colours keeps the building of the piece going. I liked finding the light splotch colours for the front of of the carton...and the yellow on the side was also cool to find. The background was supposed to be much simpler in the early stages...gradually it got much more complex than this...but I simplified it.


I'm glad the picture got made....something to record this delicate little growth. Every day I see things that should be made into pictures...I make a note, and quite often never get back to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment